HMRC has updated their list of examples of websites, emails, letters, text messages, WhatsApp messages and phone calls used by HMRC scammers and fraudsters to obtain an individual’s personal information.
The guidance can be used to help you decide if a contact from HMRC is genuine and provides examples of the different methods that HMRC Scammers use to get individuals to disclose personal information.
You can also read about how to recognise genuine contact from HMRC, and how to tell when an email is phishing/bogus.
Get in contact with us for more information and assistance on all your accountancy and business needs.
Our accountancy services include:
- Annual Accounts Preparation
- Bookkeeping and VAT
- Payroll and CIS
- Personal Tax: Self Assessment
- Tax Investigation Protection
- Tax Planning and Specialist Tax work
Our business consultancy services include:
- Business Acquisitions and Disposals
- Business Start Up Support
- Cloud Software and IT
- External Director Service
- Performance Management
- Strategic Planning and Business Growth