The government has published the draft legislation for the next Finance Bill including the rules for off-payroll working in the private sector. The legislation is open for consultation until 5 September 2019.
The new rules will apply from April 2020 and the effect of these rules, if they apply to intermediaries, typically Personal Service Companies (PSC), will be:
- the medium or large business (or an agency paying the PSC) will calculate a ‘deemed payment’ based on the fees the PSC has charged for the services of the individual
- generally, the entity that pays the PSC for the services must deduct PAYE and employee National Insurance contributions (NICs) as if the deemed payment is a salary paid to an employee
- the paying entity will have to pay to HMRC not only the PAYE and NICs deducted from the deemed payment but also employer NICs on the deemed payment
- the net amount received by the PSC can be passed onto the individual without the company deducting any further PAYE and NICs.
Please contact us for advice on how these changes will impact your business.
Internet link: GOV.UK finance bill
Get in contact with us for more information and assistance on all your accountancy and business needs.
Our accountancy services include:
- Annual Accounts Preparation
- Bookkeeping and VAT
- Payroll and CIS
- Personal Tax: Self Assessment
- Tax Investigation Protection
- Tax Planning and Specialist Tax work
Our business consultancy services include:
- Business Acquisitions and Disposals
- Business Start Up Support
- Cloud Software and IT
- External Director Service
- Performance Management
- Strategic Planning and Business Growth