The government has launched a consultation on proposed reforms at Companies House, including a ‘major upgrade’ of its register.
The consultation aims to tackle misuse of the register. It also strives to provide business owners with ‘greater protection from fraud’.
The consultation seeks views on a series of reforms to limit the risk of misuse:
- knowing who is setting up, managing and controlling companies
- improving the accuracy and usability of data on the companies register
- protecting personal information on the register
- ensuring compliance, sharing intelligence and other measures to deter abuse of corporate entities
Louise Smyth, Chief Executive of Companies House, said:
‘This package of reforms represents a significant milestone for Companies House as they will enable us to play a greater part in tackling economic crime, protecting directors from identity theft and fraud, and improving the accuracy of the register.’
The consultation is open until 5 August 2019.
Get in contact with us for more information and assistance on all your accountancy and business needs.
Our accountancy services include:
- Annual Accounts Preparation
- Bookkeeping and VAT
- Payroll and CIS
- Personal Tax: Self Assessment
- Tax Investigation Protection
- Tax Planning and Specialist Tax work
Our business consultancy services include: