HMRC has published a list of businesses that have not met their obligations under the Money Laundering Regulations.
As a supervisor of the Money Laundering Regulations HMRC has a duty to publish details of businesses that have been penalised for not complying with the regulations.
HMRC advises that it considers cases individually to decide whether to publish details in full, anonymously, or not at all. Where a decision is made to publish in full, the following information may be published:
- the name and address of the business owner or business
- the nature of the breach or breaches
- the penalty issued by HMRC
- the status of any appeal against the penalty
HMRC publishes anonymously if it considers that the effect of publishing details about an individual or business would be disproportionate.
Internet link: GOV.UK money laundering
Get in contact with us for more information and assistance on all your accountancy and business needs.
Our accountancy services include:
- Annual Accounts Preparation
- Bookkeeping and VAT
- Payroll and CIS
- Personal Tax: Self Assessment
- Tax Investigation Protection
- Tax Planning and Specialist Tax work
Our business consultancy services include: